Thursday, January 24, 2008

Health "Care"

The online appointment system for my health insurance company will not let me schedule my initial appointment for pregnancy online. I have to talk to a nurse. I guess I understand, but is the nurse going to be able to tell me things I don't know? I know that the first day of my last period was November 30. My doctor told me to schedule my first appointment between 8-10 weeks, which puts me at, oh, tomorrow through February 8th. Their business hours are the same as my work hours which, as of this past Tuesday, are happening at a new job, with people who are on a need-to-know basis, and they don't need to know. In order to schedule the appointment, I also need to be in front of a computer so I can access my calendars. So I can't do it from my desk, but I need to do it during office hours, which are at my desk.

This is the most frustrating thing I have gone through, so far.

No comments: