Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Untailed



It's ten weeks and all the vital organs have formed, but the flip side is, no more tail. Ah, well. It's further developing actual fingers and toes, not just paddles, and it's making a skeleton, which is a weirder thought to me than making internal organs. It's making bones! Bones are forming inside of a thing inside me! It's even weirder to think that those bones are forming after the internal organs; those internal organs have just been floating around in there, without structure. I expect the bones to whip it into shape.

The ears are starting, and it's getting teeth buds. Amazingly, it's forming 250,000 new neurons a minute.

No wonder I am tired.

And shedding neurons every day.

If it's a boy, the testes will start making testosterone, but I don't expect that to make me more aggressive. After all, those testes are pretty small.

Also, if it's a boy, the name will not be Jim or James or Jimmy. The fact that both its grandfathers are named Jim will not sway me. There are just too many Jims on both sides of the family... fathers, grandfather, brother, cousins... it's too much. While we were in Ireland, we were talking about names, and Connor James came up, but then Kira told me that all the little boys out in western Wisconsin are named Connor or Hunter, which gave me pause. Guess I have to look up popular baby names and go another way.

No comments: