Friday, March 14, 2008

Skin? Just now?

So, skin has been forming this week.

It seems odd to me that you would design and form all the contents before you made the container, but I didn't draw up these plans. It had never occurred to me that all the organ development, bone making, and muscle flexing would be happening without skin.

What's holding it together?

Along with the skin, hair is starting to form, and I am pretty interested in seeing how that turns out. We have a lot of people pulling for red afro; I am one of them.

I had a lunch conundrum yesterday, and it did not turn out well. We had a work event that involved a catered lunch. I had chosen the caterer and was well aware of the menu. They were delicious sandwiches, none of which I could eat, but it never occurred to me until I was there in front of them. One was tuna, and that's out (mercury content). The middle was hummus and feta (no soft cheeses). And the third was chicken and bleu cheese. Again with the soft cheeses! I have not run across a soft cheese in three months, and here I was, surrounded. I opted for the chicken and bleu cheese, and it was yummy. It was also very rich and unlike anything I have eaten lately.

About five hours later, I was regretting it. I felt sick to my stomach. I went to yoga anyway, but after the ab work, I was feeling decidedly nauseous. I had trouble with the rest of the class, and when I got home, I took a prone position on the couch and watched reruns of Star Trek: The Next Generation (Chain of Command, Parts One and Two; thanks, Ruth). I feel better today, but not willing to venture into the land of soft cheeses for at least five months.

Just writing about it is giving me a headache.

No comments: