Tuesday, February 14, 2012

witch_hazel hearts juiceboy

Almost eight years ago, I decided to try out online dating. You know, before everyone was doing it. I looked at it as a social experiment, and I liked filling out forms. I didn't think anything would come of it (heh).

On April 18, after a brief online conversation, I met juiceboy for a drink and trivia at a local Irish bar. It was a Sunday, and we met early, so I figured I would be home early enough to be on time for work the next day.

We didn't win the trivia, but we won the date, and when I rolled home at bar close, I hid my profile. By my birthday a month later, I was hooked, by December, he moved in.

We have been married for five and a half years, and we have this lovely and challenging three and a half year old boy to show for it. Best decisions ever.

Happy Valentine's Day, daddywhumpus! I love you!

No comments: