Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Busy Busy

In the past two days, I have re-loaded software onto two of our computers, coming closer to restoring them to their former glory; assembled and filled two sets of shelves in the basement; done the laundry, vacuumed and shampooed the living room rug; cleaned the bathroom, including scraping and painting the ceiling and the walls in half of the space; made two runs to the compost yard; taken care of the money; cooked dinner; kept up with the kitchen (it could use a deep cleaning); cleaned the cat box; taken three career assessments online; applied for the "Dislocated Worker" program; taken care of my unemployment insurance reporting; transcribed information from the SWOT analysis portion of the diversity strategic planning process I am involved in at my former place of work; taken out the trash; kept up with my four email accounts; taken Finn back and forth to day care twice; and gone to Irish class.

I feel like there is more as that does not seem to cover the busy-ness I have been experiencing, and I feel like I could or should have done more. As of now, I am jotting down this note, Pete is at band rehearsal, and Finn is watching vintage Superman cartoons on the iPad. We are about to make popcorn.

How did I ever have time for a job?

No comments: