Friday, September 21, 2012

Good morning. Can I get you a beverage?

Yesterday at day care*, a friend told me that he has made a discovery that changed his life: breakfast wine. I am super A-OK with drinking in the morning (the orange juice is really only an excuse, making it socially acceptable), so I looked it up. It's a thing. Wine in the morning without orange juice or guilt.

Of course, my child has a different idea: breakfast whine. He came staggering in at 5:30 this morning, in full whine. Sparkly hand, hair in his mouth, thirsty; a crumply, floppy mess of whinging.

I thought: this is why we need breakfast wine.

*No, unemployment has not led to me needing looking after during the day while Pete is at work. I just don't feel like clarifying. Nor has it led me to drinking in the morning, at home, alone. See yesterday: don't freak out.

No comments: