Friday, October 31, 2008

Take a Walk

Let's take a walk through the neighborhood. It's a simply mad gorgeous autumn day. We like to get Finn outside, especially while it's still so nice out, but I admit that I do not do it enough. Often, the day just slides through my fingers like so much water, and before I know it, Pete is home.
This was one of those days on which Tyrannosaurus Baby would not nap, so I hoped a walk would put him to sleep. Usually, he's nodding off within a block, but not so today. I had to take most of these pictures while still walking because he became upset whenever I stopped.

See?
And, we're walking...





I could say that I feel the same way... gorgeous on the inside.
But I think that on the inside, I am probably mostly red, pink, and squishy.

He did not fall asleep until just before we reached the intersection near the library.
Since when is this a school bus?

Our local library branch:

There are a lot of political signs in the city, and they tend to skew democratic.
Had you been dropped into the middle of Minneapolis in 2000, directly from outer space, you would have been convinced that Ralph Nader was about to win in a landslide. We all know how that turned out.
We picked up some DVD's at the library, and it was so nice that I decided to continue on to my local yarn store.
Borealis Yarns. Love.
This headline is more interesting if you live in Minnesota. Or watch Hardball.Walking in leaves is fun.
Neighborhood yard sculpture.
Flower bed?
I love the colors of autumn.


2 comments:

susan smith said...

nice pics! How is Michele doing these days? Hope her votes are in the toilet!

Anonymous said...

You just reminded me of everything I love about Minnesota, and how much I wish I lived there. Must devise a trip back...

PS>My word verification is "coutstr". That sounds dirty to me.