Saturday, October 4, 2008

4 months


Our newborn is four months old. He's unique, much like other babies who were born very early: he's neither an infant nor a newborn. He's Finn. He's getting very good at holding his head up; he likes to look around, and he will fix his gaze on things for longer than a few seconds. He'll push up with his legs when I am holding him under his arms, and he will stay there for a little bit. I have received at least three smiles from him that were in response to me, not simply internal. He's 9 pounds, 4.5 inches and 20.75 inches. We never had to supplement him with formula; he's gaining on the mama food, and the dairy is always open.

Which leaves me pinned to the couch with a baby hanging from my boob.

Hence the long silence in this space.

All is well. We have grandparenty visitors now, so I hope to have a moment to catch up on the notes that are in the queue.

Plenty to say. No time to say it.

2 comments:

meg and greg said...

Dear McCauley's, So glad things have settled into a boring, hum-drum life. You've all been through a lot over the last four months and I'm so glad they have all worked out. Enjoy these quiet times of couch life and baby hangers. You won't believe how quickly they will pass away. You're all doing a great job and Finn is so cute. Keep it up.
I must admit, I have so enjoyed your blog. Everyday, I check to see what you are all up to and it gives me a diversion when I am sad about my sister, Aimee. She is currently in Bethesda, MD, with her husband undergoing cancer treatments for malignant melanoma. So, it is nice to peek in on your blooming family as we stuggle with Aimee's illness.
God bless you all.
Keep up the good work! Meg

kittywhumpus said...

oops. he's 9 pounds 4.5 ounces, not inches