Monday, November 24, 2008

Dreams

For the second time in a week, I had a dream that Pete either:

a) did not want to marry me ("Never did," he said), and I was going to have to go and marry my ex-husband again; or,
b) wanted to date other people.

In neither of these dreams were we married or did we have Finn.

It goes to show you that at this point, my brain is pretty sure that the only reason Pete is still around is because I incubated him this awesome baby. It's not a new story. Once you have a baby, that's the focus of the relationship. You really don't have much of a relationship with each other. You are triangulated toward the white hot ball of need wearing the Onesie. You are hardly ever alone with each other, and you rarely talk about things that are not related to the baby. I think this is especially true if one of you is home with the baby all the time. That person has very little new information to impart; it's not like you are running important experiments in the lab or out in the world having new experiences. Especially now that it's RSV season--I am not taking him out to places anymore. So all I have to tell Pete is how many times Finn barfed on me or what interesting tidbit I learned from watching the extras in the extended version of Two Towers.

Again.

No comments: