Sunday, November 23, 2008

Family Fetishwear

If we show up somewhere encased in rubber, it's not because we have embarked upon some new adventure in fetish fashion, it's because rubber is easily hosed off. Mr. Barfy von Droolpuker is in rare form lately. In one six hour period, I went through two bathrobes, two fleeces, and one tee shirt. This morning, my hair was encrusted in curds.

Baby cheese.

I admit to being weary of the barfing.

Finn, however, seems fine.

It's easy to wonder if they are actually digesting anything because they seem like cheerleaders before prom. Everything is binge-purge/binge-purge/gotta fit into the dress/I can't BELIEVE I am in 6 month sleepers/Do I look fat to you? (The answer is yes.) But in reality, the volume of liquid is not as much as we think it is. Even though it appears that nothing is staying in his stomach based on the gurgly fountains issuing from his slimy gob.

Pete went in to change the little monster many minutes ago. First, he peed all over the place. Then, just as the new onesie was on, I hear "Someone does not want to be wearing clothes today." He's either peed or puked on a succession of garments. Now that he is in dry clothes, it's almost a certainty that his diaper is wet.

And as he is very likely low on barfy resouces, I am sure he's also hungry.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm not sure when this is supposed to happen.. but has his poop started to smell yet?? :)

kittywhumpus said...

His poop still smells like pumpkins. If he were on any formula or had started on solids, I think that would change.

dorkchic said...

I love your labels on this one...