Saturday, December 6, 2008

Be it Resolved, Part One

I know it's early December, and I don't have to come up with resolutions until January 1, but I just cleaned out my refrigerator, and I am sick of myself.

I resolve not to waste food. This simple act will take care of the wretched science experiment I just extruded from the ice box. It's expensive, disrespectful, environmentally unsound, and just plain dumb to throw away uneaten food. And it makes me crazy. It has to change. This means better planning on my part and the resolve to follow through and just eat that last bit of soup, even though I am tired of it. I have to think about menus and grocery lists in a more organized manner, and I need to execute those plans in the time I have available to me.

The next two meals are a very yummy shrimp corn chowder and home-made pizza, which I la-la-love to make (and eat). Hopefully, the following two meals will come to me before we have eaten our way through those two meals.

And because that was boring, here's an amusing picture of father and son. Pete's outside right now in the 16 degree sunny, snowy morning, cleaning off the cars, shoveling snow, getting the trash together for a dump run, and putting the glass in the storm door... and he's singing all the while.

He's pretty awesome.

1 comment:

susan smith said...

The best thing about thanksgiving is I HAVE to clean the fridge--I am working hard not to waste food as it drives me crazy too--but......