Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Life

There are some things about Life with a Baby that are totally predictable, and you can make plans based on them. Then there are the other things.

Finn generally goes to bed between 8:30 and 10:00, which means, so do I. And he generally wakes up between 6:00 and 7:00. Which means, so do I. In between, there are the nursings and sometimes, like last night, the screamings, but those times are a general rule. It's really better when I am out of bed at 6:00 because then I have time to do dishes, make coffee, pump, get things ready for Dad, and get myself together. Any later, and mornings are a mad rush.

You don't really think about having to make time for pooping until you find yourself trying to, excuse me, squeeze it in. Like this morning.

Did I ever mention the toilet auger?

We have one. Have had, in fact, since late February, when I made Pete go and buy one when the toilet actually overflowed. It's sitting on the floor by the bathtub. I had done some quick internet research on what to do with a clogged toilet because "Call a plumber" is not the first thing that comes up in my mind. There have to be steps leading up to "call a plumber." Steps that have not caused "call a plumber."

My intention was that Pete take care of the problem that day. He's convinced that we need to replace the entire stack. I am convinced that we have a clog, and that we need to auger it. This morning, as I plunged, twice, I mentally cursed the pristine toilet auger, vowing that I would be taking care of this situation at the first hands-and-baby-free moment.

I don't have time for this.

No comments: