Monday, June 21, 2010

KatieOhKatie made me do this...

And since I think she might be me, or I might be her, and I love her blog, I am powerless to resist. Also, I feel like crap today, so this seems like a good thing to do. It's a survey!

Five names you go by:
1. Karen
2. K (Mom & Dad)
3. Honey, Darlin' (daddywhumpus)
4. Mama (babywhumpus)
5. Finn's Mom (all the other parents at day care)

For a while, in my early days of working at renaissance festivals, I was "BBLP" or "Little P," and I am not going to tell you what they stood for. Sometimes, one of my friends calls me "Special K." Another of my friends used to call me "Zoot," and I called her "Dingo," but we are not friends anymore, and it still makes me sad. Now, I use "kittywhumpus" as my online name in most places.

Two of your favorite smells:
1. Freshly ground coffee
2. Finn's baby head before he became a stinky toddler who hates to get his hair/face/head area wet.

Three things you are wearing right now:
1. Purple peasant-y shirt that I bought in the junior department of Target for when I was pregnant for that whole 30 minutes. Why kids these days want to wear maternity clothes is beyond me.
2. Keen sandals, which are awesome and almost not like shoes at all, and all  three of us have a pair, but they are all different colors, thank FSM.
3. A silk flower that I hot glued to a clip and put near my pony tail because I feel like poo, and it can't hurt.

(I would like to point out that the question only asks for three, and so I chose the above-mentioned objects. I am wearing pants.)

Two things you want very badly at the moment:
1. To go home because they bathrooms are too far away here at my office, and that's already more information than you need.
2. The ability to apparate. That's not a thing, though. Actually, neither of those are things. Let's try that again:

1 (a). A new HELOC so we can do the plumbing... no, that's really boring...

Crap, the stuff I want is not interesting. I want 8 hours straight of uninterrupted sleep. I want Time. Big, fat blocks of time where I can garden or organize or clean out the basement. And I do want the loan for the plumbing, house painting, and patio. Also, I want my 1951 Tappan oven fixed so I can freaking bake again. The only temperature it has right now is HOTHOTHOT.

Two things you did last night:
1. Watched part of PBS's "Looking for Shakespeare"
2. Practically nodded off (in misery) while giving babywhumpus his pillow time before bed.

Two last things you cried over:
1. Funeral of a friend of the family
2. The stress if being tired/behind/tired/frustrated/tired (mostly, I just hold this in because it's not productive to weep. Though I suppose that's debatable.)

Two things you ate today:
1. Home-baked banana bread, one small slice. The top is a very dark brown, almost black (Thanks, oven), but the insides are good.
2. Water. Seriously not pushing the gastro-intestinal system today.

Two people you last talked to on the phone:
1. Dad
2. Christine

Five favorite bands/songs (in no particular order):
1. Cake
2. ONJ (if you have to ask... Oh, fine. It's Olivia Newton-John)
3. Tori Amos
4. Kate Bush (no, they are not the same person)
5. They Might be Giants

Whenever anyone asks me what my favorite anything, I can't think of a single thing at all. So I know I am missing something there. Like, The Police.

Two things that you are proud of:
1. ability to reason and plan, at least most of the time
2. Son and Husband (I must be pretty cool for daddywhumpus to like me)

Two things that you are not proud of:
1. Lack of patience
2. Procrastination

Two things you are going to do tomorrow:
1. I have no idea, aside from work
2. uuummm...

Two longest car rides:
1. Saint Paul, MN to Cape Cod, MA
2. New Concord, Ohio to Bozeman, Montana

Two favorite beverages:
1. Guinness
2. hot chocolate

Two of your favorite memories
1. When Pete started reading a grocery list during our vows.
2. Playing Cops and Robbers on Rattlesnake Butte with Ann and JR

Three favorite vehicles you have owned:
1. 2010 VW Jetta Sportwagon, TDI, which got 49.2 mpg on our recent trip to Winona and back
2. 1991 Honda Civic
3. 2001 Honda Insight

Three favorite concerts you have been to:
1. Olivia Newton-John when I was in 7th grade, 1982
2. The Police, three years ago, with Pete
3. Steve Martin, just last week, playing the banjo and being generally brilliant.

(Katie, we're going to Star Wars in July.)

2 comments:

Kate said...

This makes me happy. Especially because I think we *are* the same person. Or you're me. Or I'm you. Or something. :-P

Also - Pete read a grocery list during your wedding? I love that! I wanna hear the rest of that story! :-)

vix said...

Surprising how people would think Tori Amos and Kate Bush are the same person. I agree there is a similarity to their uniqueness, but that's about it.