Friday, April 25, 2008

Shopping Social

I'm wearing Jeans! I'm wearing Jeans!

Last night I went over to Liza's house. She had surgery on her spine last Friday to take care of a herniated disk that was causing a lot of pain. They not only found that the disk was totally shot , but that she had a bone spur. She already feels better, even though she is on meds, has pain from her back where her vertebrae have been fused, she isn't allowed to do much, and has to wear a neck brace. That she feels better says a lot about how much pain she was in before.

Greta came in to town to help her out because her hubby Marc has to work and also take care of their two-and-a-half year old son, Lukas. So I dragged over my hat-making materials, and we sat in Liza's room catching up, making tiaras, and watching awesomely bad reality TV. The only thing missing was Kira. She was at a play absorbing actual culture; like, Shakespeare and stuff, while we were watching a young Canadian girl being turned into Christina Aguileira on "Look-Alike."

Liza saved her maternity clothes for me, which is just the best. I have only purchased two items of actual maternity wear and have been holding up my pants with the Bella Band (though lately, it's been all elastic and stretchy waistbands). Today, I am wearing jeans! And they are not the weird jeans with the giant scooped-out knit panel; they have elastic at the back, but are really low rise, so they button under my stomach. It's weird how nice it feels to be wearing "normal" pants. Today, it's extra nice because it's raining and 42 degrees. They are predicting snow tonight. I am hoping they are wrong.

It's too bad that the weather is so rainy because Pete's mom just arrived on Wednesday afternoon. It's nice for us because it has been steady but gentle enough to soak in, and we can use the precipitation, but it means that she can't get out and walk around the neighborhood while we are at work. Hopefully it will clear up. And hopefully, it will not snow.

No comments: