Thursday, April 10, 2008

Silly Me

I cried because Pete was going to rehearsal. Well, that's not the whole story. He was heading out to rehearsal, in the sleet, with three Guinness. I told him to be safe, like I always do (and like he always is), and he said that Chris does not usually have beer, so he would share. I said "And you can't rehearse without beer." Pete paused, smiled sardonically, and left without it. I told him to take it with him, but he didn't, and so I immediately felt really bad. Anyone who was reading my travel blog from when we were in Maui knows that I was having a beef with Pete's lack of restrictions and the up close and personal presence of mine. I just want him to give it up voluntarily, and I kind of thought that he said he would. I am no help; I keep going back and forth because I don't want to be a shrew.

Ah well, I don't have much control over these responses.

I don't think I am being wildly emotional in general, and Pete tells me (as he has to) that I have been fine. It was probably more a result of the money meeting at the bank regarding the house remodel (it was frustrating), the three big projects going on at work, and the many other things that I have to do in my free time. It bubbled up in bitchiness and tears.

I feel better now.

No comments: