Thursday, February 12, 2009

Where are we?

While glancing through my motherhood magazines, I noticed that there are no images depicting new families in our situation. The first family pictures are all the stereotypical just-after-birth-tired-mom-little-baby-in-the-delivery-room shots or even the happy home birth with family shots. It's not often that you see mom holding a tiny baby hand through the portal of an isolette. So far, in this magazine, while I have been reading, not ever.

It does not make me feel left out, nor does it make me yearn for a different birth experience. But it might be a good idea to include some of those different experiences, as apparently, 12 percent of us and rising are having it.

1 comment:

susan smith said...

Well I guess you have to write that story and send it to the mother magazines-with photos! That is when you have time--say when Finn is 5 years? Seriously, you have kept such a great record with the blog and write so well you could do it with colors!