Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Buzz

I have been cutting Pete's hair for almost four years now. This tradition started after he came home with yet another unsatisfying professional haircut. He asked me if I would do it next time. The idea of this struck fear into my heart because he's oddly particular about his haircuts, and it's so curly, I had no idea how one would approach the actual cutting. So the last time he went to get a professional cut, I sent him to my guy, and I went along to watch the process. After that, I cut it. He has never complained once about any of our home haircuts. He's gone twice, that I can think of, to get his hair cut professionally since I started cutting it, and he has been unhappy with the results each time.

See, he says I am smart, but then he doesn't listen to me.

I told him to go back to my guy, if he was frustrated that I did not have time to do it, but he tried out someone else. The cut was wrong, and you could not even see the color. Again, I told him to go back to my guy. He didn't. And he came back looking like he was either ready to go under cover over at the RNC or join the marines:

He even took along a picture of himself with a short haircut to show the girl, but maybe he accidentally showed her a picture of his infant son, because now they really look alike (aside from the pacifier). He says he will listen to me next time this conundrum comes up.

I'll believe it when it happens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pete - you look great. Finn looks more like you every day! Or is it the other way around? Oma loves your new do, too!
Happy full-term arrival to Finn!

meg and greg said...

What a beautiful family!
You guys have certainly been blessed with beauty, brains, and wit!
Keep up the good work and listen to your hearts. Parenting is a labor of love.
Love from Kansas

susan smith said...

Listen to your wife Pete!

vix said...

Oh my god, that is not Pete without all his hair! That is Imposter Pete!