Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tired


On Sunday, I thought I was tired.
Then yesterday, I thought "No, this is tired."
Now today, I realize "Oh, wait, NO, NOW I am really tired."

I feel like I was up too late, drinking too much, for a week, but oh no, that's certainly not the case.

Finn's great. He's Happy Morning Baby.

Last night, he was either sleep eating or sleep thrashing all. night. long. I got up and took him from Pete because he was screaming and screaming, and Pete was frustrated and a bit worried. He thought that Finn must be feeling poorly, as he had gone through two bottles already and was so upset. I think he must be going through a growth spurt because this has been going on for a few days now, and before this, he was in a pretty good routine that involved at least a few hours of solid sleep at a time, for all of us. Throw some teething issues in there, and you have a recipe for tired that will last you for days.

It has nothing to do with his shot yesterday, though that is what Pete thought last night. No, it's all him.

I know what you are thinking: "Are you kidding me? That baby is seven months old and weighs 13 pounds and 13 ounces, and he's not sleeping through the night?" Well, whatever. We did not think that Finn would be sleeping through the night, or anything close to it, until he is six months adjusted, and that's still two months away, more like the beginning of March. Aside from that, all babies are different, and you never know what they are going to do. I am just hoping that this little routine does not last too much longer because I think I need some sleep.

Those cookies are not going to bake themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zounds! I spy an A&AC blanket under Finn! Glad to see it's getting used.