Friday, January 9, 2009

Twenties

I used to think that it was better to have your kids when you were younger so that you would not be too old when they grow up. Now I am glad that I did not have Finn until I was 38. I had a lot of fun when I was young enough to be awake for it, and also, now I don't have an untapped Well of Stupid that will eat away at me, making me wonder what I missed. I know what I missed because I did not miss it, and I was young enough to be retarded and not really hurt too many people.

Of course, I could just be rationalizing, because maybe it would have been better to be young enough to be able to survive the first year of your child's life, but I bet I would be just as tired. But if I stayed up all night drinking NOW, I would be wiped out for days. Back then, I could still have Thursday.

Not that I ever stayed up all night drinking on a school night.

Or ever.

I would never do such a thing.

1 comment:

dorkchic said...

You so did. I was there.

And I love you, too! Can't wait to be able to talk to you all day again...
xoxo