Friday, January 4, 2008

Pilling the Pregnant Lady

Seriously.

Why do prenatal vitamins have to be so big? I know that there is a lot packed in there, but aren't we always hearing how modern science can fit things on the head of a pin? If I can carry a few gigabytes in my pocket, I think I should be able to take a few thousand milligrams without fear of death by choking.



Yes, I scanned the actual vitamins.
The top one is the original pill that I bought, and I won't take them when I am by myself. (See above: death by choking.) That seems to be the general size of the pills I have looked at, and the dose is 6 per day. That's six times a day that you take the health of your respiratory system into your own hands.

The second image is a quarter, of course.

The bottom image is the pill I am currently taking 6 times a day, and it's still large, but not when I compare it to the original pill. Still, I think I might rather take the quarter.

And it's not just the size... the vitamin smell is enough to make me gag at this point. I am like a child when it comes to these. I need to take them, but I put it off and put it off. I would stomp and cry if I thought it would do me any good, throw myself sideways on the couch and put a pillow over my head while whining. It won't change anything.

Sheesh.
And I thought pilling a cat was difficult.

1 comment:

dorkchic said...

heh... I got this image in my head of Pete holding you down, wrapped in a big towel, and trying to stick a pill down your throat. hee!

God, you're funny..
xo!