Saturday, January 26, 2008

Platypus



Eight weeks, and it's getting the shapes of fingers and toes on the platypus paddles, and it might be able to flex its wrists. The eyelids start to form, and the ears, lip, and tip of the nose start to take shape. It's 1/2 an inch long, and it still has a tail.

Christine and I and the platypus went to see Juno, but I don't think the platypus got much out of it. We, however, thought it was brilliant, even though I resent the writer because I am jealous, and she is successful. I am also shallow. The movie is about a 16-year-old girl who gets pregnant and decides to give the resulting baby up for adoption. As a reflection of experiencing a pregnancy, it falls short and was not entirely relevant, at least for me, but it was very well written, well cast, and the soundtrack was good.

Of course, now that I am pregnant, everything around me is about pregnancy. It's like I caught it from all the knocked up celebrities.

No comments: