Friday, January 11, 2008

Sandwich Bomb

It's not just a sandwich anymore. It's a brew of bacteria and threats to your "baby." Little thing won't let me have deli meats and cheeses. It's like a snarky diva with a list of demands for its dressing room. Except for the rider on this one is an entire library.

Pregnancy is a list of do's and don'ts. The world becomes a minefield. Western society has made life so complicated and unnatural that it's a threat to the continuation of the species and it must be stripped down in order for life to survive.

OK, I am exaggerating a bit, but I'm pregnant, so you'll have to let it slide.

There's the stuff I knew... some of the things I love like a nice Malbec and a pint of Guinness, and then there's the list I had not thought of: a rare steak, soft scrambled eggs, brie... the world is a raging storm of bacteria, apparently out to get my embryo.

No comments: