Friday, August 8, 2008

36 & 10

Friday. He's 36 weeks gestational and ten weeks old. As the book says, "Baby can suck," which I find to be a highly amusing title. Like it's an insult or something. Your baby can just suck it. Well, our baby can, thank you very much, and quite well.

He's supposed to be between 16 and 19 inches long (he is... he's almost 19 inches), and he's supposed to weigh about 6 to 6 1/2 pounds (he's more like 5 pounds 8 ounces). Recent fat deposits have rounded out his face (yyyyuuup), and his powerful sucking muscles are ready for action (Oh yeah).

His parents are being made slowly insane by the discharge "preparation" at this hospital. I have so much to say, and so little time to say it. But I'll get there, never you fear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you from experience, discharge can take anywhere from 3 hours to 3 weeks. My advice is to take deep breaths, continue to enjoy your Guiness, and know that it will indeed happen - eventually!
Cindy