Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I slept very well from 1:00 a.m. until 5:00 a.m. when I woke up to take over for Pete. This is the way of things: we don't sleep for long, and we don't sleep together, but when we do sleep, it's for real. I am not terribly good at sleeping, and I generally don't seem to need the full eight hours, so this has not been overly painful for me. Pete's hanging in there, but he needs more sleep than I do, so I try to make sure that he gets it. He's sleeping now; both my boys are. Finn has been sleeping since he finished eating at 7:30, for the most part, aside from a quick diaper change and my assumption that he would then be hungry. He wasn't. So, of course, I am obsessing that he is not eating enough. If he's sleeping, he must be tired, and I can't really force him to eat, but the hospital pounded the every three hours thing into my head, and I can't get over it.

He has an eye doctor appointment today, and we have to put his eye drops in before hand. I am not certain how you get eye drops into a baby's eyes, but in my head, it bears a resemblance to pilling a cat.

1 comment:

meg and greg said...

Hi guys! Keep up the good work!
Just a thought, could Finn be going through a growth spurt? I don't know how that works for premies,but, mine always went through one about a week after they came home. They'd nurse for the longest times and then sleep for four or five hours. I too would be nervous but the LLLadies said as long as the babe fed 10-12 times in a 24 hour period, they could go longer between some feedings. And sleep is good for all in the family...helps babies grow, mommies build supply, and daddies to bond. Meg