Saturday, February 23, 2008

Halfling Food

They tell you that you might get nauseous. They tell you that you will gain weight. They tell you to eat good food.

No one told me I would be eating like a hobbit.

Not in quantity, but in frequency.

I noticed it a few days ago at work. I get up between 6 and 6:30 in the morning, and I eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast. This is very exciting to Fritz, the oldest cat, as I have switched from rice milk back to cow milk, and he apparently loves cow milk. I eat my cereal and Fritz waits for the bowl with the milk dregs. I say "waits" when I really mean "prowls and yells."

I bring lots of bits and pieces of foods with me to work. Peanut butter and jelly. Crackers. Fruit. String cheese. Hard boiled eggs. Leftovers. Pie. It was on a Pie Day that I noticed my hobbity eating habits. I was sitting at my desk and feeling very hungry. I ate a small piece of pie. It was 9:00.

Second breakfast.

For Elevenses, I had half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Luncheon was chicken corn soup.
Tea: more pie.
Dinner was a banana and some crackers.
Supper was tacos. (Inspiration came to me out of the ether while sitting at my desk.)

It's not that I am eating heaps of food, but I am eating more often. The hobbity habit helps to keep down the nausea.

It's a good thing I am not traveling to Rivendell with Aragorn. They didn't get second breakfast.

I want pie.

No comments: