Friday, November 27, 2009

McMusic

I have not traveled that far in one night for a show since Depeche Mode, 1986. Last night, daddywhumpus, auntiewhumpus, and I headed into Boston to hear cousins The Brothers McCann. It was their CD release party, and even though I have been suffering in the fugue of a viral headache, I worked up the energy to go. It was too good to miss. The club is about 1 hour and forty minutes from Easthampton, but it was worth it. It was like being a kid again. We left the boy with his grandparents, worried that he would be demon hell child, as that is what he has been for us overnight.

When we came home at 2:30 in the morning, the house was quiet and dark, aside from the barking poodle. There was no sound of crying baby. There was no sleeping baby on an exhausted adult shoulder in the living room. I crept up the stairs. No sound of whimpering baby. I went into our room. No adult and baby sacked out on the bed. Where the hell is the baby? Where am I? WHO am I?

He was wrapped up and sleeping in the crib.

“No. Way,” said Pete.

We crawled into bed. He stayed asleep. He didn’t wake up until 5:45.

It was like magic.

(Oh, and go to the website. Listen to some songs. Get a CD. You can say you knew them when.)

No comments: