Monday, November 9, 2009

This was going to be a good one.

When you have a baby, your life becomes a game of catch up. It's a routine, sure: a routine of random scrambling and feeling like you are merely average in all areas of your life. Like this entry. It was in my head at 5:30 this morning, and it was really good. I had the flow going, so I got up and turned on the computer. I decided to make the coffee, and then I remembered that I needed to toast rice for Finn's cereal because he finished all the oatmeal yesterday. I got that going in a cast iron skillet on the stove. In the meantime, while I waited for the coffee to percolate, I figured I would do a few dishes so that the evening would not find me buried in yesterday's mess. Then the baby woke up.

I got him from daddywhumpus, and we came out to the living room for a diaper change and a boob snack. Then daddywhumpus got up. We had coffee, finished cooking up the cereal, and Finn had some breakfast while I got ready for work. Then I took over, and Pete got a shower. Then we left: Pete for day care and I for work.

Now it's 10:30, and I can't remember what I wanted to say five hours ago.

No comments: