Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Color Pee

At my last appointment, Edie looked a Pete's shirt, which was yellow, and said "that reminds me..."

She told me to go out and smell the lilacs and apple blossoms; to enjoy the sunshine and the grass and have picnics and be outside, but to make sure that I take water with me and avoid getting dehydrated. Dehydration can bring on contractions, and this is something that we don't want. She said that my pee should not be the color of Pete's shirt, but the color of a Post-It (TM). Of course, when I take my vitamins, it's the color of a neon Crayon (TM).

I spent the weekend in New York City with the Meyers Girls, and I figured that this would be a challenge, water wise, especially because they don't let you bring your water bottles on the plane. I have heard some people say that you can check them as long as they are empty, but that some TSA employees don't even allow that. As my water bottle was $20 bucks, I don't need to risk it. Of course, this puts me in the position of having to buy bottled water, which is a bane of my existence. And then, once I buy one, I am in the position of either reusing it (which you are not supposed to do) or buying more. I chose reusing because I figured that the environmental impact was less than the biological impact of three days of re-use.

I managed to drink a couple of liters a day and keep that pee the proper color the whole time, and even with the walking and walking and walking, not the slightest hint of a contraction.

It's fascinating to have to be so biologically aware...

No comments: