Friday, May 16, 2008

It's ahead of me..

Squirmy has developed a sense of balance by now due to a fully developed inner ear. Luckily, when you are in the womb, the only thing that means is "am I right side up or upside down?" Out here, we're juggling work, hobbies, life... out here, a finer sense of balance hopefully develops.

There's a little over a pound and a half of creature in there right now, rolling and kicking and punching, mostly when I am trying to concentrate on something else, like a colleague during a meeting. I tell ya, I am not getting any smarter.

The time for it to have committed a crime and gotten away with it is also over, as footprints and fingerprints are forming. It missed that little window of database obscurity.

Supposedly, it could be developing a regular cycle of sleeping and waking, but if so, I sure have not noticed it. Although it either hates or loves being at work because it tends to be pretty active then. But when I wake up at night, I often notice it as well. It's just busy. I don't know that it is really getting anything done, however, aside from muscle practice, hiccups, and fat storage. And it thinks that my cervix is a drum set.

We're at the point when it could possibly survive outside of me were I to deliver, but those odds are 50-50, and there would most likely be severe complications. It can stay in there; I'm just fine. It's still going by really fast, and sometimes it can seem that there a lot of things left to do because, well, there are. We are registered for our childbirth classes; I began the conversation about my leave here at work; I started a list of pediatricians and childcare options; I think I know what diaper system I want to use; and I think I know which washer and dryer I want. I still have to figure out what I have already and what I need to get.

No comments: