Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Kind of Help I LIKE

My friend, Thomasine, had ice cream recommendations for me because it is, after all, Ice Cream Season, and I am heartily enjoying the creamy goodness. Aside from the obvious excellence which is Izzy's (I indulge frequently in the Mint Chocolate Chip, the Guatemalan Coffee, and the Cinnamon... the flavors at the store are sometimes unimaginable... they have Guinness Ice Cream, forcryingoutloud), we have many choices here in the Cities, plus the choices from outside. Thomasine had these suggestions, and I now share them with you:

"And here’s a couple of ice cream suggestions, if the craving hits (better make it worthwhile if Squirmy demands it): Castle Rock Creamery (at the Mississippi Market) Molasses-Chocolate Chip flavor. It doesn’t taste like molasses, but the molasses takes the vanilla to the Nth degree - it’s astounding. Another one to sample is the new Haagen Dasz – Vanilla Honey Bee. You can’t miss it, the carton has black & yellow stripes on it, it’s cute. Again, the honey doesn’t overtake the vanilla, but makes it very, very special."

Spring in Minnesota
is, indeed, good.

No comments: