Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Quick Announcement...

before we rejoin programming...

Finn James McCauley
Born Thursday, May 29 at 1:56 a.m.
25 weeks, 4 days
2 pounds, 1 ounce
14 inches
He's in the Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit at Children's Hospital, Minneapolis, and he is doing very well so far. He's definitely in good hands with all his caregivers. The hands in the picture are Pete's. Also, very good hands.

He's off the ventilator and hates having a wet diaper. He is still very squirmy, and now I can see what he was up to all that (short) time in there.

Now that you know this part of the story, I will go back and tell you what happened in the middle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reagan & Delaney have enjoyed looking at their baby cousin "FinnFin". Ya, sorry there is nothing I can do about it. I have to pick my battles and since both of them have decided that they are showing solidarity with Finn by running around nude, perhaps it is ok they call the little man Finnfin for now and I will work on some sort of covering on them...no really!

Finn looks good and I am throwing out that he looks like Pete. Sadly, I remember meeting baby Pete... I was quite young at the time, but he was quite a looker even back then! It's a McCauley man thing! They are devilishly handsome (it's the devil thing ya gotta be worried about!).

I hope you are just getting through each hour. We are all thinking about you and praying that he shows everyone that he has a bit of Dorchester rough and tumble in him!!

Strength & Love,

Elaine

dorkchic said...

How can he not like a wet diaper when he's just been drinking his pee? He can't get to it as easily this way? ;)

Love you all so much and so happy for you that you're all doing well! Man... he just HAD to be part of New Beginnings Season 2008, huh? This is pretty much the biggest beginning of them all... xoxo!

Anonymous said...

So much love coming at you, Pete and Finn! What a trooper he is!