Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Part I: Wednesday Morning

(This is where I was on Wednesday morning. I had actually posted this entry for all of 30 seconds before I realized that it would probably not be a good thing to leave people hanging if they happened to check in... I'll put it back up now as it was and then get Pete to help me remember the whirlwind that followed.)

Pregnancy Makes You Sexy

It's amazing how something that comes from sex can be so unsexy.

Have I already mentioned this?

Well, I just can't get over it.

Of course, Pete thinks I look beautiful and tells me so every day, but he's just trying to get laid.

Just kidding. He really seems to think so, and for the most part, I think I am holding up OK in the physical appearance department.

It's the other stuff that is rather unsexy and sort of revolting at times. Constipation, burping, farting, and acid reflux are not stops on the path to a romantic evening. Not to mention that I feel like a 13-year-old today (stop here if you are a guy or are otherwise uncomfortable with talk of "feminine issues") because I am wearing a pad. Yes, it's just like that day when I had to walk into the bathroom and tell my mom that I had gotten my period for the first time, and she got out a box of pads. Mortifying. But I finally decided that this was better than trying to hold things in while I walk or shift in my seat or lay down. I can control my urethra, at least, for the most part, but the other thing, well... not so much.

I seem to be adjusting well to the change in my center of gravity due to the water balloon in my belly, so I don't need to be walking around like I have a stick up my butt.

But it did just occur to me that perhaps this leaking is abnormal. I had a problem with it in NYC, especially on Sunday night, and now today again. I called the Baby Line, and I am waiting for my clinic to call me back. I don't want to be a freak about stuff, but were this to be amniotic fluid, then I should find out right away. While I am waiting, I have been instructed to drink something sweet and monitor fetal movement. Squirmy has been pretty quiet today. Which can be worrisome when I am used to it being so active.

So I am going in at 2:00 to check things out.

No comments: