Monday, June 2, 2008

Update

Not only did I not know what could be done for babies who arrive this early--and even earlier, I had no idea how quickly things can move along. Today when we went in to see our little man, the nurse looked at me and said "Would you like to hold him?" The look on my face must have been priceless. I felt a mixture of disbelief, fear, joy, and... did I mention disbelief? He's 2 pounds! He's five days old! Hold him? How can I hold him?

We talked to the doctor, who is pleased with his status, and went across the street for some fries and a philly cheese steak. (Pete had a gyro.) When we came back, our little man was unmasked, and the nurse was ready for us to help with his "cares." Pete changed his diaper and took his temperature, then the nurse moved around his cables and snuggled him up. I sat down with a pillow in my lap, and she handed me our baby.

Remarkable.
He needs a new hat.

I get to knit him tiny things now. I can probably do this from my stash.

He's pretty small.

1 comment:

susan smith said...

wow! can you believe it--holding the little guy so soon. And he loves it and needs it. Yea!!!! Grammasue